Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Dog's Lament

I know it's been a while since my last blog post :(

While this blog post will be short and sweet, I want people to take away from it that things underneath the surface of the water may be entirely different to what you see from above it. Here is some food for thought:

I wish someone would tell me
What it is that I've done wrong.
Why do I have to stay chained up and left alone so long?
They seemed so glad to have me,
When I came home as a pup.
There were so many things we'd do,
While I was growing up.
The master said he'd train me,
As a companion and a friend.
The mistress said she'd never fear
To be alone again.
The children said they'd feed me,
And brush me every day.
They'd play with me and walk me,
If only I would stay.
But now the master hasn't time,
The mistress says I shed.
She doesn't want me in the house, not even to be fed.
The children never walk me,
They always say, "Not now."
I wish that I could please them.
Won't someone tell me how?
All I had you see was love.
I wish they would explain.
Why they said they wanted mine,
And left it on a chain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment